What is the matchmaking event?
A matchmaking event is a quick and easy way to meet potential cooperation partners. People meet and greet at high speed. 20 minutes are usually enough to build connections, then the bell rings and the next talk starts.
On Thursday September 9th in parallel with the Industrial Technologies 2010 conference in Brussels we offer you a free of charge matchmaking day. It covers the whole value chain from research ideas to innovation and bringing your product or technology to the market. Thatâ€™s why the matchmaking event is supported by NMP Team and the National Contact Points (NCP) of the NMP theme, as well as the Enterprise Europe Network (EEN).
Our main goal is to help you find the right European partner and/or funding. This will be achieved by offering you the possibility to have networking meetings and attend information sessions about the new NMP 2011 call and other European research programmes and funding opportunities.
Moreover, if you are interested in presenting your project idea to potential partners, please register and send your presentation before September 3 to Anastasia Constantinou (email@example.com) and Craig Sharp (firstname.lastname@example.org) using the template which you can find here.
Whatâ€™s in it for you?
The participation at the matchmaking event offers a unique opportunity to:
Who will you be able to meet?
The matchmaking event targets companies, technology centres, research and development institutes, research laboratories, universities and private researchers offering innovative technologies and know-how, looking for technological solutions or searching for partners for the European R&D projects.
How to register?
Click on the Register now button. When registering for the bilateral meetings on the matchmaking day you will be required to fill out a profile. This profile is mandatory as it provides the other participants the basic info on who you are and what you are looking for. Make sure your profile is complete, accurate and focused on the cooperation you are looking for, because this is the information other participants will use when planning their meetings! Once validated, profiles are published in the online catalog.
- End of August you will be invited by mail to start scheduling meetings.
- On the online tool, use the search tool to find companies/organizations of interest.
- Read their profile to assess whether are looking for a cooperation that matches your needs and request meetings. You will also receive meeting request from other participants, by default these are accepted but you have the possibility to decline meeting requests.
- More information on scheduling meetings will follow in due course.
- A few days before the conference all meeting requests will be processed and the resulting individual meeting schedule will be distributed by mail, indicating who you will meet, in 30 minute time slots at numbered tables. At the registration desk, you will receive an updated version of your meeting schedule including last minute bookings.
|Up until August 22 ||Online registration - Insert your cooperation profile|
|August 23 - September 3||Email Notification - start booking bilateral meetings|
Seletion of most promising participants for meetings
Participants receive their personal meeting schedules
|September 9 Matchmaking day ||Final schedule in handout|
Meet up to 16 organisations for bilateral 30-minute-talks
At the event
At the registration desk, you will receive an updated version of your meeting schedule including last minute bookings. Your personal meeting schedule lists in chronological order for each meeting the
- names of your conversation partners
- number of table for each meeting
Our staff will be at your disposal during the whole matchmaking event.
Free of charge!
Even if you're not attending the first two days of the conference, it is still possible to take part in the brokerage event the third day, which is at no charge.
For more information on the planning, click here.